I'm still behind and trying to catch up. Lots of back posts to come!
Jon's parents came into town for Jason and Kari's baby blessing and we decided to go to the zoo! This was the first time we had been to the Hogle Zoo. The weather was perfect and we had a great time.
They had a cool display with nature's scariest animals. They had a huge bird eating spider-YUCK! and bats, and piranhas, and scorpions and some other things too.
These are the bats and if you had eaten fruit that morning you needed to wash your hands because they ate fruit...
This was one of Max's favorite things to do. Climb. He also liked to hang on the stroller handle.
I have a picture like this from a couple years ago with my parents at Thanksgiving Point
Everyone has to get a pic climbing on the animal statues
Max is so cute!
We all had tickets for the carousel but Papa and Grandma let the boys have their tickets so they got to ride two times that day.
This was an amazing carousel. Every "seat" was a different animal and they were all beautifully constructed. I think it was so funny they had a lady bug included.
I ended up switching Max halfway through the ride so he could be on the outside row so he could say Hi to Grandma and Poppa
The famous drinking fountian in the lions mouth. I think these are a staple at zoos. I remember being a kid at the zoo drinking from one just like this. And, Haha, I love Zac's expression in this pic as he has to wait his turn.
The boys loved the giraffes. But it was sad to see them caged up like this, in such a small place that wasn't very pretty.
I was so tired with the busy week that we had, I wanted to so much to lay in the shade just like this tiger. He looks so comfortable!
We were able to make it to the bird show in time so we watched over the fence. It was pretty fun to watch even though the boys got bored.
The second ride on the carousel. I got sick of standing so I decided to take a rhino.
The boys loved riding the carousel
We went to a habitat show and the boys got to touch a snake
and an armadillo. It was a pretty cool armadillo!
Eww! Even this pic grosses me out!
Playing in the egg
After the Zoo, Maryanne came over and made dinner for my birthday and they got me a really delicious chocolate cake!
Twenty-Eight years . . . young :)
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!