Friday, September 3, 2010

A Better Day

Today was a MUCH better day; night and day difference in fact with my emotions at least. I should be getting used to this whiplash by now with one day good and the next bad, and vice versa.

I woke up when Zac got up at 7:45a. When I was half way ready for the day I started to get Zac ready. Max was sleeping in (because he fell asleep right before dinner and I couldn't wake him, so I put him to bed, unfortunately without dinner...he woke up at 10:30p and was ready to eat dinner. He didn't go back to bed til around 11:30 or 12.) Zac helped me pick up the house, I got both boys breakfast, and then we ran errands.

Change address and register the car (Emissions check in not required in Wasatch county!)- not check, the office's are closed Friday-duh! I guess we'll have to wait til Tues.
Pick up pinewood derbys - not check, closed til Noon
Get some dryer sheets - check
Go to the bank - check
Go to the library - check

I made waffles for lunch. Then vacuumed and mopped the floors. Then we had a playdate with a new neighbor. We went back to the Scout Office to get pinewood derbys, and then home.

The boys have been very loud lately. And Zac has been having trouble making good choices and controlling his emotions. He totally had melt down, screaming and crying-on the ground half in the bathroom and half in the hall-kicking the bathroom door at the Scout Office. Sometimes I feel like he is still 2. He lost the privilege of watching a movie when we got home, because of consistent disobedience and purposely antagonizing me and Max, which makes me feel like he's more like a teenager...

Anyway, I was able to keep my cool and follow through with the consequences with low emotion even though he screamed in the car all the way home.  After a calm talk and a long time out, we colored and made pizza. I think the best homemade pizza we've ever had. The boys did all the chores

My house is clean, the kids are in bed, and I am feeling good about life today . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!