I found some invitations on Amazon that I wanted, but I thought I could save some money by making my own...not so much with nice paper and color copies. I made it using photoshop.
I also thought the room was included in the package price...but I guess not there either! This is the Black Smith Sword Shop and it was pretty cool and just the right size for our group.
Then we had a treasure hunt! Pirate Island has a matching game of sorts using pictures they took from around the restaurant. I chose 10 of those pictures and Jon wrote clues to lead them to the next picture so they could find the buried treasure! This clue is looking for the cloud sea serpent on the wall up there.
Reading more clues . . . the treasure was their loot bags with their tokens in them. The timing was a bit off since they had a magic show in one of the rooms with our clue. So we ended up doing right before the pizza came. It became a challenge to get the kids to eat as they were preoccupied with their loot, candy and tokens....
Eating pizza. Thanks to all my helpers!
Jon said I had to post this. I am giving him a "lecture" on taking pictures so we can document. And this is him documenting the 1 minute lecture.
Blowing out the candles
Opening presents. There was no breathing room!
My dad made Zac an awesome Treasure Chest! Everyone thought it was so cool! And he did a great job. We are going to get a lock for it, then I'll post more pics.
This is the lid
I almost forgot we had a X marks the spot (pin the tail on the donkey) type game. I was going to make one but with everything going on, I just didn't get to it.
Max is trying to peek out of the bandana!
Then there was 15 mins left to play in the arcade. It was quite hectic keeping track of 12, little kids. I am glad it was only 15 mins. And that we had a lot of eyes to help watch. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad we got to do it!
These were the clue Jon wrote for the treasure hunt:
Start at the mermaid
1. Thar be a treasure hidden not far from here. X marks the spot, whar the treasure be found. Follow the clues every whit and find the loot, every bit. From here at the mermaid right on the wall, you'll flip your fins to the place where Davey makes songs.
-The coral organ
2. Well done, Mates, ye found it! Yer makin your way. Here's where you go next: Take a few steps, not too many, and soon you'll see, a bird that can wake up Captain Hook's knee! Cock-a-doodle-doo!
-A rooster
3. Ay, clever scoundrels, you are! Now slither and hiss your way to to clouds. A sea snake will tell ye how close to the treasure you are.
-A sea serpent in the clouds
4. Yer gettin closer to the treasure, little mateys! Here's what to do next: Walk towards the flags, that are waving by the fort. There you'll find the next clue for the prize.
-Flags on the fort
5. Halfway there! The treasure is getting close by. Your next clue is to find the skull that's real high. High like a mountain.
-Skull mountain
6. Blast! You pirates are clever. Your next clue to the treasure chest is this. Listen close: A little animal with feathers is what to look for. He says "Polly want a cracker" and sits on a shoulder.
-Parrot
7. Well, well well, just a few clues to go. Your next step is to find the Black Pearl Ship in the other room. Find the clue there then the treasure will soon be yours!
-The silhouette of the Black Pearl
8. From one ship to another you must go. Not here at the Black Pearl, but by a ship in the clouds is whar the last and final clue be found!
-A ship in the clouds
9. Too smart and clever are ye little sea monkeys! Now the FINAL clue to your long treasure hunt. Look to the side not far from the door. If you see the red X, then there's treasure in store!!
-The treasure


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!