Today, I am reluctantly trying to be more honest on my blog...the good and the bad as another blogger expressed. In hopes to see where I can improve myself. So here is "Just Me" today. It was a bad day. It started the night before not getting to bed before 2:00a.
I got a very late start on the day, due to my current tiredness, laziness and apathy. I got pulled over for speeding...a lot. But I didn't get a ticket-what a blessing! But I even felt guilty about that. I let a good friend down. And the overall struggle of not being able to get in the groove here in my new life is continually a challenge. I've said it before, I have good days and I have bad. Today, I dragged (emotionally) all day. But I am so lucky to have close family members to help me rise above it to still make the day a success.
We went to a dr. appt and then to the Honda dealership to get something small fixed on the car. I made a picnic and took the boys to the park, called a relative and got to know her so much better. I made chore charts for the boys, and made dinner. I still don't feel like today was a success, but lately I feel like the adage, "fake it, til you make it", is all that I have.
I also decided I am going to wake up when my kids do; not just wake up, but get out of bed and be with them. Make them breakfast and officially start the day. As opposed to my staying in bed as long as I can, trying to squeeze every last bit of sleep in that I can.
So, to get myself on track I will start with that one thing: Get out of bed when my kids wake up (or if I am ambitious I'll get ready for the day before they get up).
Here's to a better tomorrow!
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Get up when the kids get up? Are you crazy? Actually I really need to do the same. I'm assuming when the new little one comes I'll be changing my habits a bit.
ReplyDeleteLove you!!! ;)
ReplyDeletei get up with my kids...and they are early risers. It's not easy, but you can do it! Your kids will love having you around in the morning, I'm sure. And your days sound far more productive than most of mine. I totally get how you feel...it's hard starting up again in a new place. I still don't feel like I know anyone here or even what to do with the kids!
ReplyDelete