Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aug 24: Happy 5th Birthday Zac!

Jon is pretty big on doing something on the exact day of each of our family members birthdays. Its a lot of work, but I think its good. It seems most of my life my birthday passes without much ado.  Jon has been making big efforts to change that. Perhaps, this history is why I sometimes go over board with birthday plans. 

We didn't end up having plans on Zac's Birthday. I decided we'd go to Seven Peaks. I remembered Lexie had a free ticket since she worked there over the summer. And we called our friends the Lindsey's to go with us.  Unfortunately the whole north side of the park was closed. That translates to ALL of the kiddie stuff! But hey it was free. So we did it anyway. 

We played in the wave pool and on the flash flood slides. Zac was nervous to go on the slide, but he did great and loved it! We tried to go a little later and he was so stressed about it, and crying. But I made him go anyway. Again, he loved it. But when I asked if he wanted to go again, he said no :)

We a couple errands before leaving Provo and got some cool balloons at Partyland. Then we got caught in traffic in the canyon.


A few weeks before Zac said he wanted rainbow cupcakes for his birthday.  I had found a blog about it and so we made those. It wasn't too hard to do.




Yum! Now I want cupcakes!


My little boy is five!

Cheesing it and for some reason doing an underbite.


Jon was holding out the last note of the Happy Birthday song, and Zac was saying, ok, ok be done...he was ready for cake!



Typical, "I WANT cake" Munk boy expression :P


Cool balloons! I love the curly purple balloon on the orange one!


Heavy, heavy hang over.  I personally, think its dumb, but hey I have no tradition to bring, and Jon and the kids think its fun.

T-ball

Max liked to do the heavy hang over


Pirate gear!

I think this map is really cool looking!


Arr, Zac the Pirate!


 Zac also got his first lego sets, and some beginner reading books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!