Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Honestly,

I feel pretty good right now, which is especially surprising given the circumstances....

Max was sick last night and woke up right as we were going to bed, 11:30p. Instead of changing the sheets more, I decided to stay up with him until he had an hour no spewing. We got to bed around 3a. He was sick again this morning at 6:30, and 8:30, but I think that is related to his acid reflux. The boys were in and out of my room all morning, so I was in and out of sleep. But I finally got out of bed at 9:50a, made Zac's lunch, worked a little on his sights words and dropped him off at preschool. 

Now, I am here sewing Humanitarian school kit bags (I need to get them done by tomorrow, but I'm also racing against a potential flu virus that could get me down) for the Primary, with throw up on my pants and listening A Fine Frenzy radio on Pandora. Modern Mormon Stay-at-Home Mom?

Also, do your kids ever act sick??  Neither of my boys act sick unless the symptoms are quite apparent. I can never tell if they are really sick. Zac would tell me his stomach hurt but then 2 minutes later is playing and laughing, or bugging his brother and getting a kick out of it.  And right after throwing up in his bed and all over himself. I get Max in the tub and he is happy to play, telling me that the orange letter he is pointing at is a "Q". He doesn't start to "show discomfort" til right before he'll be sick again, then he is fine and playing again. Is this normal??

3 comments:

  1. we just got over a stomach bug here too. It was pretty bad..the boys took several days to pull out of it and Spencer took the longest. My boys didn't show signs of being sick at first either and also got sick in the middle of the night. I still am not getting sleep even now because Spencer's sleep schedule at night is all out of whack now. UGH! I totally know how you feel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's how my girls are too! by the way you look really good in that pic at zac's party. I'm sad I wasn't the one able to come. Are you still coming down here some days? or we would love to come up and visit you sometime too and see your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel had the same thing last week and she was the same way. Happy as a clam up until the second she threw up, and mostly happy (though a bit lethargic and pale) throughout 7 vomitings. I caught it from her and felt like warmed-over death for a day and a half. I don't know how or why kids are that way, but they are.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!