Monday, January 2, 2012

Carving Pumpkins

Sometime during the last half of Oct--

We carved pumpkins in two sessions. With the boys, or rather Zac in school and dad busy with work. We weren't able to find enough time to do the whole thing on one night and our Saturdays were full too.

The first night they drew what they wanted on their pumpkins and poked holes along the lines. Jon and I decided not to carve pumpkins for ourselves as it takes a lot of time to help the boys. And lets face it, its a huge hassle to carve pumpkins. I did want to paint some pokadotted and decorate some in other ways, but I just didn't have the motivation to make it happen. Hopefully, next year.




The next day, we did the emptying and the carving.



Haha, it was great! The boys were totally grossed out-it was hilarious!!



It was taking so long so after a few handfuls Jon and I helped them finish.




Max would NOT, put his hand in so Jon had to help him.


Haha

I love this-haha


Their finished pumpkins. It was fun to have them design their own this year. Zac had a bit of trouble deciding and understanding he had full creative license to do whatever he wanted. After a bit of explaining and time he got it and started to write words on the pumpkin too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!