Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

Nov 24 --
When we started to think about Thanksgiving, I told Jon that I WAS NOT going to host this year. It was too much work and my body doesn't cooperate with that.  As you can see, it didn't work out that way....it was tricky with Jon's work needing to be close by and good internet access.  Luckily, it didn't feel like too much work. I ordered rolls from a local bakery, Emily made the pies, Jon and Jason made the apple pie, I did the jello the night before, the corn was frozen, and it just seemed to go very smoothly.

Jason, Kari and Halle came down and Emily came up. It was good to have them. I didn't even take pics of people. This is what happens when I'm too distracted with the event.

The lighting was bad, but this was my dining room set up.  Surprisingly, I felt very strongly about having the table look nice. I found a cute printable kit on pinterest and I really wanted to do it. I found some vibrant fabric to make a runner and some clearances pumpkin decorations.




Zac liked getting to write the names on the place settings


We didn't do much Black Friday Shopping, but Kari and I met up with Rachel and stopped at Cherry Lane Boutique for a while and then we went to lunch at The Pizza Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!