My sister Rachel, moved to Phoenix a couple weeks after we moved to Heber. And had a baby in September. They blessed him in November. I was able to take the boys and go visit her for a few days before everyone else showed up for the weekend for the blessing. It was great, I'm so glad we were able to do that. And luckily, Lexie came with me. If she couldn't get work off, I was just going to go by myself. I have NO idea what I was thinking. There is no way I would've made it without her.
The trip down felt never-ending. There was TONS of rain Provo and the canyon and by the time we were getting to spanish fork there was sleet. So we had to drive slower with all the contraction, semi's, standing water, and sleet. Max got carsick twice :( no coloring for him in the car. We ended up stopping in Page, AZ for a sit down lunch because we needed the break and fast food sounded nasty. We finally got to warm AZ around 9:30p. It took us 12 hours and I believe it should've only taken 10 hrs.
Tues, Wednesday, Thursday, we just played, shopped, ate, and slept in.
Side note: On Wednesday morning, while I was at the park with the boys, I got a call from the Clerk for the Stake President saying they wanted to meet with Jon and I that night. I called back and said I was in Phoenix, but that Jon was home. And we wouldn't both be home until the following Wednesday evening, since Jon was meeting us in Phoenix over the weekend then heading to Vegas for a conference for a few days. They said they would just meet with Jon then.... Meanwhile, Lex, Rach, Me and the 3 little boys headed to the Mall. We had been there about 2 hours when I got a call from Jon, saying that I was on speaker phone with the Stake President. And was asked if I would support my husband in his new calling of being the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. Shock. I didn't know what to say. I was exhausted and uncomfortable for walking the mall for 2 hours and the boys were restless and running all over the store and Max was crying for my attention. I tried to be there on the phone call but it was hard. And of course I would support him. It took me awhile longer than I expected to get used to the idea. And there is no doubt we've been blessed because of it.
My grandparents got into town on Friday and we bought food for the weekend and moved over to a vacation house 2 mins from Rachel's apartment. It was a pretty nice place. I picked up Jon from the airport that evening and then my parents and brothers got in later that night.
I made sure we'd be equipped with toys and activities for the boys (the car was packed with luggage, scooters, swim stuff, books, coloring, etc. On trips I always want to feel prepared)
We headed to Macy's on Saturday to get Jon a couple new suits, they were 50% off! The mall had this cool, 2 story carousel that the boys were very excited to ride on.
Also got to see the chikfila cow
Lex and Max
The little boys. Zac and Max had fun playing with Jeremy's brother's little boy too. It sure made things more fun to have another little boy around.
Blessing Day, the Kolb side of the fam.
Cousins! A first on my side of the family-finally :)
There was also a pool at the vacation house. Unfortunately, the weekend wasn't as warm as the weekdays were. But the boys still had a good time playing.
I enjoyed getting some sun poolside.
Watching the game and hanging out
Pizza Night in the kitchen. It was really fun to be able to see Ray and Lori too. They just happened to be in town that weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!