Oct 31 --
This year, Zac really wanted to be a ghost. I knew ahead of time that making a costume for either of the boys was not doable this year. So I headed to the Halloween superstore that comes every September. They didn't have ANY ghost costumes for smaller kids. And I went weeks before Halloween. I ended up getting a costume for a 10 year old. I had to taylor it on the bottom, the cuffs and under the arms. And honestly it was ugly...soo, I was looking online and a bunch of people got a nice effect with adding tulle. So I ended up doing a bit of work on his costume. I doubled/quadrupled panels of tulle in 6 sections around the ghost gown thingy, and after sewing them on around the neck hole, I cut each panel into strips so it would have a more flowy feel. I think it turned out MUCH better. Zac loved it.
I also made him a white fleece beanie to wear on Halloween night, since typically its really cold here in Utah. But it was uncharacteristically warm... (much like today Jan. 4, in which its over 50 degrees outside, and the only snow to be found is in the higher mountains.)
Zac being spooky-haha
I was very grateful to find a Handy Manny costume at the store that Max was excited to wear. It was too long, so I hemmed up the legs a bit for him too. I love Max's expression here too.
(That day was also Zac's Halloween party at school and I was in charge of it. I sure over did it :P I dressed up as the Wicked Witch of the East-you know, the one the house fell on?) Wearing heels all afternoon walking up and down a long asphalt hill carrying heavy bags while my tights slid around in my heels was really uncomfortable.)
On another side note: While I was eating lunch right before I had to be at Zac's school for the party, Jon called me up to give me some great news. He had gotten a promotion!!! He was now the Director of Interactive Marketing. WAHOO!! Turn on the water works. It was great news. And something we'd been hoping for someday, but didn't expect to happen anytime soon. So exciting for us!
We went trick or treating around 6p, after a yummy white chili dinner. We walked around for about an hour. There weren't many houses "open". Maybe half were answering the door. Lame. Another weird thing was people would have their lights on, but still not come to the door. Very confusing. Next year, I would like to go somewhere else to trick or treat.
We also ended up having TONS of candy to give this year. (I forgot the trunk or treat candy at home so ended up buying some at the dollar store..but then was late and didn't get to hand it out :( There's pregnancy for you!) We gave all the cheap stuff away first...but didn't even get to give out the good stuff. We also left a sign on the door that said take a handful! But still lots of candy left.
The loot
Since it was a school night, we let the boys watch Halloween Thomas the Train episodes while the sugar wore off.
This is what I consumed within 5 mins of walking in the door. Hey, I deserved it! It was a long day. Matter of fact, after sitting down for 15 mins, I could hardly walk when I got up. Jon was worried for a bit. My hips were killing and I couldn't stand up straight.


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!