The first week back in school. Zac had his first cross country skiing day. I was going to go up and help the kids get their gear on, but I got there too late. But I still got to go out on the snow and watch and help.
Getting their little skis
Zac did great! I'm impressed how well he moved. He didn't fall very much. He occasionally got his skis crossed, but nothing too bad. And he was really good at being able to get himself up after falling.
Here they were playing red light, green light and practicing "pizzas", or snow plowing to stop. Thats a bit difficult for him.
Next they walked up the hill doing "duck walks" and then practiced walking sideways so they didn't slide down the hill. He did great!
One of the instructors helping him with the "pizza" position
Then they played the Hokey Pokey. It was tricky for him to turn around in a circle without crossing his skis. So he has a couple things to work on. But he did awesome and I'm excited for him to learn more!
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!