Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Years Eve 2012

It was pretty low key this year. I think we were all really tired.  I had planned to make a bunch of snacky treats but forgot half of them in the fridge and no one seemed that interested anyway. But the rollo bites were sure yummy.


We played games for a while, taboo, and buzz word. Then Jon broke out his Insanity DVD. I really should've taken a picture of that! :) He and Emily were working out to it for about 15-20 mins. We almost missed ringing in the New Year! I got the Sparkling Juice out, we toasted, and watched the ball drop online.


The next day Sunday, Jason and Kari headed home. Monday, Emily and Dave settled back into Provo, and Wednesday Jon's parents headed home.

I was a bit concerned about having that many people here for that long and the need I'd feel to host, and inevitably fail at it. So, Jon and I sent an email to everyone asking for everyone to take care of themselves, clean up after themselves, assigning out dinner nights, and encouraging everyone to do what activities they wanted when they wanted AND not to ask! :)  I think things went pretty smooth and it sure took tons of pressure off of me. I think it'd be fun to do again for a few days. I think next time I'd like to have a little more structure planned into it. But considering my physical state and limitations it worked well. Nonetheless, it was relaxing and fun. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that! The email to everyone saying, don't make this awkward, make our home your home, and take part in providing for everyone. That not only relieves stress on host and hostess, but it allows everyone to contribute which rocks. Sometimes as a guest in someone's home, you don't know how you can contribute and properly thank your gracious host...and I think this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!