Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Eve

This year, I didn't help decorate the tree hardly at all, (did I mention this already on here? I seriously, ask myself this question several times a week when I'm talking to people..."did I tell you this already?" -My mind is so gone!) still I think the boys did a pretty good job on the tree.

I'm starting to add some lime green elements to it and I like it even better.





The last few years we've done our tradition of having a Bethlehem dinner and brown paper gifts, which consist of pjs and churchy things. It seems I struggle each year to find something age appropriate for the boys' church gift. At this age, i mostly want to find something that will help them stay quiet and reverently entertained for half of sacrament (the other half they are sitting quietly listening-or that is the goal at least :)



Max was sooo excited to open his Mickey pajamas.



Cute boys-They LOVE new pjs at any time of the year. Zac is starting to recognize the tradition of getting them every year on Christmas Eve so thats fun.



While searching online for churchy ideas, I found the file folder game concept. I first heard about this some years ago and wanted to make some sooooo bad for Zac. But I didn't know where the get the stuff and was just hoping thats some day the Enrichment committee would do an activity. But of course that never happened.

I got them some little church themed puzzles. They are really starting to get into puzzles and I'm surprised how good Max is.

Also, there is a website, greenjellowithcarrots.com where I bought the image files. I printed them at a shop, cut them out, and got them laminated. The boys really like them. I also like that they teach tithing, and counting and other things.





This one has pieces where you can "build" the SLC temple.  I may do more of these next year? It did turn out to be a little more work that I expected. But luckily, I got them all done the afternoon of Christmas Eve.



Milk and Cookies



This pic would have gone with the "Putting Christmas Up" post, but I was lazy and didn't feel like doing it yet. I didn't put these garlands up til the week or 2 before Christmas. I got news ones this year-finally.  I like that they are lit and I really like the pics I put in them...I suppose I could've taken a picture of that. It was just a little more glitz: leaves, berries and snowflakes, in silver, red and lime.

I love how festive Christmas decor makes the house feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!