Dec 14
This month for cook with a book, I wanted to do something different than the gingerbread man. Maybe I'm a Grinch, but I really don't like reading that book. Its too repetitive. I search online for other books that were Christmas themed, but also had food as a part of it. There were a couple that I saw. One about oranges, looked really good. But I thought it would take too long for the time I had. Then I found this one and it had lots of good reviews. Apparently it was out of print for a while and there were bunches of adults who loved it as a child and were so excited they were printing it again.
My boys also really liked the book. And it has a great message.
This month for cook with a book, I wanted to do something different than the gingerbread man. Maybe I'm a Grinch, but I really don't like reading that book. Its too repetitive. I search online for other books that were Christmas themed, but also had food as a part of it. There were a couple that I saw. One about oranges, looked really good. But I thought it would take too long for the time I had. Then I found this one and it had lots of good reviews. Apparently it was out of print for a while and there were bunches of adults who loved it as a child and were so excited they were printing it again.
My boys also really liked the book. And it has a great message.
These are the different kinds we had.
I ordered sugar cookies and frosting from a local bakery. The kids loved the book too. And had fun decorating their own cookie. I guess I forgot to take pics of the kids decorating their cookies. Again, Zac loved passing out the sprinkles, frosting, and cookies. But when you are running the show you don't get your choice of cookie. He was sad that he didn't get a tree. We let our friends go first. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!