The day after was just a nice day to do whatever we wanted. It was low key and not planned.
In the hustle and bustle of the Holidays, this, my craft room really gets hammered. Sewing, wrapping, hiding, boxing/shipping, crafting, baking, storage, the catch all really. A few days before Christmas, Zac, commented how there was no room to walk as he was falling over trying to reach something without stepping on things. Embarrassingly, you couldn't see the carpet in here. Jon, appropriately, never said a word. He learned a couple months before, that this is MY space and he has no place to comment on anything that happens here. Hahaha, poor guy. He had mentioned how messy it was all the time and how I should clean it, and jokingly added, otherwise I won't get a craft room. After an emotional melt down from me about how this is the only space that's just for me, where I can find myself and exercise my creativity, and be me without all the burdens of my responsibilities, he knew to steer clear of this sensitive issue.
After climbing around things, unsuccessfully looking for items, and reluctantly letting guests use the wrapping "station", I decided the day after Christmas I would clean it all up!
Now I wish I had taken a before pic, because it would be so much more impressive! But here are the afters-spic and span!
Jon playing with the boys and their new toys. This is an awesome circuit kit. It includes play and lots of learning.
Then we went out to dinner so we didn't have to cook or clean. On the way to and from Tarahumara, Jon was taking advantage of the slippery, abundant snow and tried to slide when we turned. I told him go do this in an empty parking lot not in the street with kids in the car. On the way home, we drove past the soccer fields and Jon pulled in to do some doughnuts. It was really fun! I think the last time I had been in a car doing doughnuts was in High School. After going around for a bit we headed home, and drove by another large empty lot-we stopped there too! Our rims and tire wells were filled with snow.
Then we had Enzo open the rest of his presents. By the time we got going with opening presents on Christmas morning he was ready for his nap. There are a lot of pics. But I just love his facial expressions and the way he sits.





















No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!