I have wanted to make homemade snow globes from mason jars for a couple years now. When saw an idea on Pinterest of using snow globes to give gift cards, I decided this was the year we were going to make them. I had added interest because they were legitimate gifts. Its been pretty hard for me to find the right pieces to make them though. But I grabbed some stuff in the Christmas section at Walmart and decided to see what I could do.
Max helped me out. We had little plastic penguins, bottle brush trees, glitter bottle brush trees, ornaments, glitter gifts, snow flakes, etc. (The bottle brush trees DO NOT WORK!! The dye bleeds! Even with spraying a sealant on it, they still leak some. After sealing them and soaking them and rinsing a bunch of times for a couple days, I used them because it was all I had left. I don't know how the glitter trees stood up to being in the water for a while.)
These are all the ones we made for gifts. It was easier to see them with out the glass and water. On the small jars the glass had more waves than the large mason jar.
These are what Zac and Max made for themselves. We learned on these ones that the dye leaks into the water.







No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!