We had to get up a bit earlier so we could get all the makeup and hair done. (I can't imagine having to get girls ready for school!)
Zac practicing how to be a Zombie. It was pretty fun to put this costume together especially after going to the Thriller show.
Max. Max. Max.
He told me back in Sept that he wanted to be a robot and I was trying to get it all order because I know costumes run out when it gets close to Halloween. He tired it on when it arrived in the mail and I thought we were all good to go! Then Halloween rolls around. I have him put it on to go to school and he hates the head piece. He says it itches. I try to make it fit better hoping it will help. But it doesn't. He doesn't want to wear this costume. We need to leave for school in 15 mins. I was not ready to fight him on it so I ran down stairs and dumped out the costume bin. There wasn't much that would fit him. I had some homemade costumes, but those don't really last. He was going to be Peter Pan, he had it all on, but then I couldn't find the hat. I knew I had seen it in the toys somewhere, but I could not find it. (Of course, I found it the next day.) Ok, Ok....so no Peter Pan. I just had him use his Handy Manny costume that he wore last year. And he was happy about that. To make sure I pulled up the Handy Manny theme and intro on my phone and let him watch that a couple times on the way to school.
Cute Enzo just hanging out.
Then it was time for me to get ready. I had volunteered to help/do the treat for Max's Halloween Party that day.
Enzo and me- I don't know if many people got what I was.
We made graveyard pudding for the treat. Chocolate pudding, oreo crumbs, bloody bone sprinkles, gummy worms and milano cookies for the tombstone.
(Handy Manny-Costume 3 of the day)
Max really wanted to do these eye ball donut holes so we threw those together quick.
When I got home my visiting teachers left this on my door step. It was so nice!
An hour later when I went back to get Max from preschool, this is what he looked like....
Ok, so no more Handy Manny. Pirate it is. Luckily (?) he hasn't grown much so he fit his costume from when he was 3.
What a funny little kid.
We had white chili for dinner and got ready to trick or treat. Jon isn't happy. Last year we when trick or treating down our street but half the people weren't home AND they still had their lights on. It was a waste of time. This year I had been planning to trick or treat in another area of our ward boundaries. But we'd drive over there. Jon didn't want to do that at all. And he felt like someone needed to be home to hand out candy. I personally, would rather leave a bowl on the door step and go out as a family. But we had to agree to disagree. Jon stayed home to hand out candy and I took the boys trick or treating.
It was interesting this year. The boys would go up to the door and after they got the candy would just stand there. The people at the door didn't really know what to do. The boys would say thank you, but didn't turn around and come down til like 30 seconds after the people would slowly close their door. They obviously don't get the concept of going as fast as you can so you get more candy. This neighborhood was much better. There were lots more kids and the homeowners knew the code....if your light is on, you answer the door. If you are not home, turn your light off.
The boys were more excited about the decorations much of the time.
Slowly checking out the lights.
They got some pretty good loot. Note to self: bring the stroller, not just the baby carrier next time. It was getting pretty cold by the time we finished and I didn't have a blanket or coat for Enzo and Max was wearing flip flops and short pants! Baby brain!



















No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!