We got to do our tradition again this year. Jason and Kari were here of course and we invited Emily, Dave and his fiancé, Rachel up to brunch and go sledding with us. I decided we'd have a yummy meal inspired by an amazing brunch Jon and I had a few years at Red Rock Cafe in Park City. Eggs in purgatory. Oh sooooo good!!! Over easy egg, in fabulous marinara sauce, and roasted potatoes. And whole fruit juice in my new blendtec. It was fantastic, if I do say so myself....and I do.
Anyway, we were a little late getting started with people dawdling in the house.
But at least we had snow this year!!
I guess most of the good sledding hills are having houses built on them, so a neighbor suggested we try the girls camp. So we headed up that way.
This is where we stopped.
Steep!
It was so so so so cold that the snow was extremely powdery even though it had been days since it snowed. The riders boots would kick up tons of powder-COLD powder!
Yes, we were sledding right into the street. But not a single person came by the whole hour or so we were up there.
More powder!
Enzo had fallen asleep on the way there and got to hang out in the cozy car.
Em was the designated photographer and the catcher. The little kids needed to be caught otherwise they'd cross the road and hit the guardrail.
The boys were pretty nervous at first. Then after getting blasted with powdered they hated it. But we convinced them to go again and on the tube and they loved it!
Dave got blasted too!
Enzo woke up right before we were ready to go. I got him out of the carseat to give him some fresh air for a few mins.
We had a great time! Thanks for coming everyone!
********************
And now I'm pretty much caught up. Not much has happened in January. Just a lot of sickness, colds, croup, influenza. Jon took the first 2 weeks of the month off between quitting Skullcandy and starting at Goal Zero. And Zac had it off too because there was a competition at his school. We also decided to keep Max home too. It was a very nice time refocusing on priorities-spending time with each other and strengthening our relationships. Jon took the boys to breakfast and an outing one on one. I started routines to get ahold of our household better. We slept, read, pondered, wrote in our journals. We are taking a break from karate to focus more on family time and not trying to cram everything in resulting in dreadful evenings. We have time to do projects together, to read together, to make dinner with minimal stress, and just have a more calm (and clean) house. I've also taken a break from volunteering each week at Zac's school. We eat dinner before 6 instead of waiting for Jon to come home. Its been so so so much better. The kids eat better. I actually enjoy making dinner (a little bit) when its earlier. And when Jon comes home, dinner is over and the kitchen is clean and the boys are ready for bed. (I don't know why its easier without him home. Probably, because I'm more no nonsense. Jon plays with them between each thing and gives them treats/dessert. I'm the slave driver haha. Then when Jon gets home we sit and talk or play a game or read while he eats dinner. Its just over all so much nicer. But now that the weather has been frigid this month-most of the days below 0, and keeping sick kids in, I'm going stir crazy. I'm still trying to keep things simple, but I also want to be involved. Anyway, I'll try to upload the pics from this last month. See ya around.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!