Friday, January 11, 2013

Working on Halloween Costumes

Oct 30

I've generally sworn off making Halloween costumes because it wears me and out and I don't want to sew for Christmas. But this year I did some.

Another Pinterest idea.....Back in the beginning of Sept when I was getting excited for Halloween, I bought Enzo a spider costume and planned to make a web skirt for me.

I didn't have a white long skirt so I just made one and guessed how to do it. The skirt didn't go as smooth as I'd planned, but it still worked as intended. I also made a petticoat to go with it to help it poof out. I made the web with black yarn.  The directions for the web part were from Martha Stewart.

The skirt is on a lamp so I could space out the webbing correctly.



Zac decided he wanted to be a zombie. It was kind of hard to find something that wouldn't be too gory for a first grader. But after looking online we found a look we liked.  He wore some ripped jeans from last year. I shredded them a little more with a box cutter. He wore a black shirt with skeleton ribs on it. And I got a gray suit jacket at a thrift store. I shredded the coat up some too. The we dragged the jeans and jacket through the garden to dirty them up, like he'd come out of the grave. We sprayed a little white hair spray in his messy hair and added some skeleton hand gloves that we had hanging around the house.




I found a great video on youtube to do this make up. The lady did it on a 4 year old. I love how it came out. This is when we practiced the day before Halloween to make sure we'd be all ready for the big day.

Zac LOVED it, even though the pic doesn't show that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!