Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gum Paste and Fondant Cake Class

There are some ladies in my ward that have been taking cake classes at Michaels Craft. When I found out and showed interest they invited me to come too. There are four classes and they had already done two. I didn't have time in Sept to take the third class so I signed up for the fourth class with them. It was a fondant class. If you've followed my blog for a long time you know I've worked with fondant before.

This is the cake I made for the last class, using techniques we've learned.  In one of the manuals there was a hexagon cake that I fell in love with! And hexs are so in right now! haha

These bake even strips work great-as long as your oven is level....


This is the second layers. I totally forgot to use the strips! I ended up remaking the little hex.



All frosted and ready for the fondant. The chocolate buttercream was divine!!


Then I spent a day make gum paste roses. Max played with play dough next to me.


 And Enzo hung out in the swing on the other side of me





I was going for a Tim Burtonesq cake. We'd just watched the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas.  I made roses with purple and green and other gradients of gray too.


I wish I'd gotten a better picture. But this is as much I got done. With Halloween the next week, pumpkin carving, costume making, dinner, karate, carpool, volunteer, activity days, etc. I just didn't have time to finish it :( But I LOVE how the hex came out. I was waiting and waiting to show Lexie because she loves Halloween. It went bad while I waited and we didn't even get to eat it!!! But, I'm glad I made it! And I'd love to make another when I'm not busy....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!