Friday, January 11, 2013

One of Those Days

Nov 28

After a long day, carpool, heading to Smiths to get gift cards for Christmas. Enzo was choking on a cereal at the store and the boys were bouncing off the walls, not listening or obeying, running all over, getting in peoples' way. I was that parent who ignores her bad behaved kids because at that point (short of what is unacceptable) there wasn't anything I could do to change the situation. All I could do was hurry and get what I needed and get home. 

When we got home, I told both boys to get their backpacks and jackets out of the car and come in and do the "after school routine". What's the point?? They do whatever they want to do. And such was the case today....

I was inside feeding Enzo because he was so hungry! (He had napped up until it was time to get Max from school. Then I had 20 mins to run to Walmart to get a few things, then run carpool for Zac and the girls that go to school with him, then run to Smiths to get the gift cards.) As I'm feeding Enzo, I hear Zac from the garage yelling, "Mom.....mom, mom....MOM....Mom...." etc. I think to myself, he better be stuck if he is yelling for me like that and NOT coming IN to talk to me.  I asked Max to check since I really needed to feed Enzo.  Max came in and said, "yeah, he's stuck....."

Bad choice:
Mess around and pull on the red rope hanging from the garage door opener.


Consequence: Unlock the door, so it can freely slide. Fear and anxiety when the door starts to slide....as you hold the rope to keep it from sliding. (What he didn't know, is that the door was loose, but wouldn't slide down the track without a yank.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!